Kyle Katarn for Samsara - Alpha v3 Changelog
• Kyle now starts with 100 armor, to make his starting equipment true to how he starts missions in Dark Forces.
• Several weapon names were shortened to cut into the screen less during coop (despite being shorter than SO’s weapon names):
- Modified Bryar Pistol —> Bryar Pistol
- Jeron Fusion Cutter —> Fusion Cutter
- Imperial Repeater Rifle —> Imperial Repeater
- Packered Mortar Gun —> Mortar Gun
- Stouker Concussion Rifle —> Concussion Rifle
• The Bryar Pistol was buffed back to 25 damage per shot, and its projectiles now travel at a speed of 80.
• Thermal Detonators now deal 128 damage within a radius of 128, and have an alt-fire timed detonator, dealing 5 damage upon bouncing against an enemy, before exploding after 3 seconds (105 tics).
• The Stormtrooper Rifle now deals 20 damage while in singleplayer or cooperative, its projectiles now travel at a speed of 80, and it now uses 1 ammo every 3 shots.
• The Fusion Cutter now deals 15 damage per shot in deathmatch, and its projectiles now travel at a speed of 45.
• The Imperial Repeater’s projectiles now travel at a speed of 95.
• The Concussion Rifle was temporarily reworked; it now fires a projectile that travels at a speed of 1000, which explodes on contact, dealing 28 damage (20 in deathmatch). Upon the projectile’s explosion, it shoots 30 tracers that explode with the aforementioned values.
• The Assault Cannon’s primary fire projectiles now travel at a speed of 50, while the alternate fire projectiles now travel at a speed of 28.
• Every weapon other than the Fists and Thermal Detonators now play a cocking sound when switching to them.
• The primary ammo gauge now shows minuses when holding a weapon that does not use ammo, and the alternate ammo gauge now fills with minuses instead of zeros, to make them more true to the original Dark Forces hud.
• Kyle’s unique is now his Weapon Super Charge, a 60-second double fire rate powerup. When active, the screen will have a faint yellow glow, and the ammo counter will turn yellow instead of red.
• When Kyle picks up a Radiation Shielding Suit, he will also put on his gas mask for the duration of the powerup.
• Expanded on the existing weapon pickup lines. Be sure to check them out!
• The default key pickup sound is no longer being replaced by the Dark Forces item pickup sound.
PC games that work with the Dualshock 4 out of the box (with bluetooth!) so far:
• Anything released pre-Xbox 360 that has joystick support
• Source engine games released before Portal 2
• Brutal Legend
PC games that work when using x360ce to convert DirectInput commands to XInput:
• Max Payne 3
• Payday 2
• Serious Sam 3
PC games that do not work with the Dualshock 4 so far:
• Bastion - doesn’t recognize controller, crashes with x360ce
• All of Telltale Games’ releases - buttons mapped incorrectly
• Unreal Engine games - doesn’t recognize controller
• Source engine games including and released after Portal 2 - buttons mapped incorrectly
I’ll update this as I come across more games that work, if anyone would like to contribute to the list, lemme know any games you find that work and how you got them to work, and I’ll add it to the list!
Don’t worry everyone, you can still walk the dinosaur in Bamham Origins